Roundtable on the Crown of the Continent
The Crown of the Continent is one of the last intact ecosystems in North America. Realizing that numerous government agencies, non‐government organizations, community‐based partnerships, and individual citizens are working to shape the future of this special transboundary region, the Center catalyzed the creation of the Roundtable on the Crown of the Continent beginning in 2006. Today, the Roundtable is a vibrant, ongoing forum to connect people that care about the Crown. It is not an official commission authorized by any government agency, nor is it any single group of people. Rather, it is place where friends of the Crown can exchange ideas, build relationships, explore opportunities to work together, and jointly shape the future of this shared landscape.
The Center continues to provide facilitative leadership for the Roundtable. The impact of the Center’s involvement with the Roundtable is captured by the following history of events and activities:
- 1st Annual Conference, Roundtable on the Crown of the Continent (2010)
- Remarkable Beyond Borders: People and Landscapes in the Crown of the Continent (2010).
- Roundtable on the Crown of the Continent Retreat (2009).
- Roundtable on the Crown of the Continent: Statement of Purpose (2008).
- Stewardship Circles in the Crown of the Continent (2008).
- Roundtable on the Crown of the Continent: Summary of the Dialogue on November 6-7, 2008.
- Communication Strategy for the Crown Managers Partnership (2007).
- Regional Stewardship in the Crown of the Continent: Patterns and Prospects (2007).
- Governing Across Boundaries: Regional Land Management in the Crown of the Continent (2006).